29 Apr Unpaid Summer Internship 2019
Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society is offering summer internships for the 2019 summer season.
2 intern positions from May 13th-June 28th 2019
2 Intern positions from July 2-August 9th 2019
Each position will run a duration of 6 weeks.
Tasks involved with the Intern positions will include;
- Provide treatment to animals. feeding, weighing. Following pre and post-operative treatments, medical protocols and all other medical directives.
- Perform daily general cleaning of the facility, hospital cages and outdoor enclosures.
- Co-ordinate the transport of animals from veterinary clinics holding wildlife for collection. Ensure that veterinary release form accompany animal during transport by communication with veterinary clinic and volunteers or other person responsible for pick up.
- Rescue wildlife or pick up at veterinary clinic and transport to the facility as requested or when no other trained volunteer/staff is available. Respond to all phone calls from concerned public, providing information and instructions on a case-by-case basis.
- Record keeping, open communication by providing case feedback to other staff members, either verbally or in communication book/email.
This intern position must support other staff positions for all medical directives including euthanasia, volunteer, veterinary clinics as well as other organizations and agencies.
This is a great opportunity to enhance skills in organization, multi-tasking, communications, and animal care.
Position Type: Internship
Desired Major(s): animal care, biology
Salary Level: Unpaid – for credit
Job Function: Animal Care
Approximate Hours Per Week: 16-24
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com